Sunday, April 13, 2014

Group work and Long Distance Learning



Face to Face Group Work


                     


            


 



On Line Group  Work


                                            


                                            Image Source: http://www.ama.asn.au/wp-content/uploads/2012/12/22.jpg



So on line group  work? Humm How was it  for my group ?
I am going to say that in general, it went pretty well, in  fact better than I expected. 
I  think I was pretty lucky to have great partners and both of them are committed to doing great work. The collaboration was very good and we all listened to each others' feedback and took advice from others. I think each had input and constructive criticism. There is always  room for improvement but considering how busy each one of us is , we did pretty good. 
We did have some time coordination issues because of our schedules and it was hard to get everyone to meet at the same time, but we did and we spent a long time "hanging out."  In our last online meeting, we had sound issues and had to restart the session multiple times, because we could not hear well, but with patience and perseverance, we did accomplish the task at hand and discussed all we needed to discuss.
We coordinated well also to do our VoiceThreads and took turns to do so.
It was good that the groups were formed taking into account the time zones, that helps  in making meeting synchronously on line a little easier.
The issues we encountered are probably ones that I would worry about in a long distance class: technical difficulties and time coordination for the work that needs to be discussed  live. However, we were also able to keep in touch via email and shared work via google docs and Yammer. With all the possibilities available now, I think distance learning is becoming a hot commodity and it is so convenient especially for the otherwise very busy adult learner.
I am enjoying the convenience of being able to be able to accomplish so much at times that work around my schedule.
I am so glad I signed up for this Class.

No comments:

Post a Comment